8/22/07

Clark and Michael: What The Internets Were Made For


If you don't know Michael Cera, shame on you. If you only know him only from Superbad, I suppose I can forgive you, but you are late to the party. If you have loved him since Arrested Devlopement, you are a better person than me...I must confess I started my love affair with the show after it was canceled and therefore am partially to blame for Fox giving it the ax. Simply put the kid is hilarious...each of his facial expressions is sure to make milk squirt out my nose.

But I want to make sure anyone reading this knows about my favorite project of his: Clark and Michael, a web series, each episode about ten minutes long, that he and his equally hilarious pal Clark Duke wrote, produced, starred, and directed. The plot: Clark and Michael are working on a script together for a TV pilot which they are pitching to different networks. It's shot documentary style and if you like The Office, Arrested Development, or Curb Your Enthusiasm, you will love this, I promise. And each episode has about ten quotes you won't be able to help but repeat after you watch...I don't even want to share, as they are delivered so much better by the duo themseleves.

Okay...so I know what you are thinking. My favorite Michael Cera project is a web series...or better yet, what is a web series? I wasn't convinced either until I watched. But these two are so funny that I found myself eagerly awaiting each Wednesday for the new episode to be posted to their site...and now find myself quite sad that all ten episode have been posted. Now my Wednesday mornings have regained their place as, well, meaningless, besides being just a little bit closer to the weekend. Clark and Michael play off each other so well, I dare say they have better chemistry than Cera does with his Superbad co-star Jonah Hill.

So check it out, and tell me this isn't the funniest thing you have seen him in yet. I can only hope CBS (who funded the project) hands these two some more bags of money and more episodes are in the future.

Here is a preview of the series, to check out all the episodes go to Clark and Michael

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all i have to say is word. i have been watching these episodes non-stop for the past two weeks. i can't get enough.