8/24/07

Identity Theft




When I was 17, over the summer, I worked on an independent film called Magic Rock. A tale of a summer camp, the mean owner who wanted to close it all down, and the campers who pulled together...yada, yada, yada. The movie is irrelevant, however what is of the utmost concern to me is of course being credited on IMDb for my work. After all, if the internet says something, it must be true, and if god forbid the internet doesn't say something, well then I might as well not even exist.

So here is the deal -- there is another Adam Rosenberg on IMDb. Apparently quite the assistant, as he is credited with being an assistant to producers Scott Rudin and Jonathan Glickman on bunch of movies like Team America: World Police and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (of course I wish I was the one who actually worked on those movies, but I digress). As it turns out, my Magic Rock credits are attached to Adam Rosenberg the assistant's IMDb page. And, yes I had multiple credits, as this was such a low-budget movie I managed to be an assistant location manager, prop master, and also nab non-speaking part as a counselor. This assistant, who happens to have the same name as me, must know he is stealing my IMDb glory, what a punk.

As it turns out, Adam Rosenberg the assitant is not the only Adam Rosenberg on IMDb. There is also an Adam Rosenberg credited with a role in Spaceboy, whatever that movie is/was. So to differentiate IMDb lables the assistant Adam Rosenberg (I) and the Spaceboy thespian Adam Rosenberg (II). So looks like I need to find a way to turn myself into Adam Rosenberg (III) and get the fine work I did on Magic Rock credited in the proper place...because I want to be able to say I have an IMDb page and put a ridiculous picture of myself on it, plain and simple.

So I am going to see if I can figure out the IMDb help section and figure out how to fix this injustice. I'll be sure let you know how it turns out.

No comments: